CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE OF WATER INSTALLATION (Plumbing Certificate)
According to Section 14 of the City of Cape Town Water By-Law of 2010, a seller must before transfer of a property submit a certificate from a accredited plumber.
What is checked during the Plumbing inspection?
- The water meter registers when a tap is open and stops completely when all taps are closed.
- The Hot Water Cylinder is plumbed correctly.
- None of the terminal water fittings leak.
- No storm water is discharged into the sewerage system.
- There is no cross connection between the potable supply and any grey water system or groundwater system which may be installed.
- The private isolating valve is in place and functioning.
- The water pipes in the plumbing installation are properly saddled.
What is not included in the Plumbing Certificate?
- Blocked drains.
- Leaks in the secondary disposal system.
- Low water pressure supply.
- Discolouration or odour in water and water quality.
- Fittings in poor condition.
- Irrigation systems or swimming pool.
Author Jannie Fourie, Principal